Need a 40 hour bundle specifically designed for your Iowa NHA license? These courses never expire and were created to help you get your CEUs done fast!
The Iowa NHA Bundle (40 Credits)
Do you need Iowa NHA CEUs (40 credits)? Look no further! The Iowa NHA Bundle is specifically designed to meet your needs.
Below is a summary of the CEU requirements for Iowa Nursing Home Administrators (NHAs), which are described in Section 645—143(272C) of the Nursing Home Administrators Board of Examiners (click here to view).
Required Hours: 40
Hours Permitted Online: All 40 (as long as such hours are sponsored by NCERS/NAB)
Renewal Period: December 31 of Odd Years
The Iowa NHA Bundle includes the following courses (CEU hours bracketed):
- The Science of Aging (6 Credits)
- Infection Control & Standard Precautions (4.5 Credits)
- The Neurological Effects of Caffeine (3.5 Credits)
- Managing and Communicating with Dementia Residents (3 Credits)
- Nutrition in LTC Facilities (3.25 Credits)
- Falls in the Elderly (2.75 Credits)
- Medical Ethics in LTC (2.25 Ethics Credits)
- Understanding COPD (2 Credits)
- How Important Is Leadership in LTC? (2 Credits)
- TIA & Stroke (2.25 Credits)
- Cool Tools for Collaboration (2 Credits)
- Understanding HIPAA and its Ethics (2 Ethics Credits)
- Alzheimer’s & Dementia (2 Credits)
- Performance Appraisals (1.75 Credits)
- Medication Errors: Can Be Deadly (.75 Credit)
TOTAL: 40 Credits of NAB Approved CEUs
If you need just a few courses, please visit our Course Catalog page–all our courses are approved as Iowa NHA CEUs!
You can always contact us if you have any questions (click here for the Contact page). Additionally, you can get more information regarding your CEU and license renewal requirements in Iowa by contacting:
Lucas State Office Building
321 E. 12th Street – Des Moines, IA 50319-0075
Phone: (515) 281-7689
Deaf Relay: (Hearing or Speech Impaired) 711 or 1-800-735-2942