Need a 40 hour bundle specifically designed for your DC NHA license? These courses never expire and were created to help you get your CEUs done fast!
The DC NHA Bundle (40 Credits)
Do you need DC NHA CEUs (40 credits)? Look no further! The DC NHA Bundle is specifically designed to meet your needs.
Below is a summary of the CEU requirements for Nursing Home Administrators (NHAs) in the District of Columbia (DC), which are described in Sections 6207 and 6208 of the District of Columbia Municipal Regulation for Nursing Home Administration (click here to view).
Required Hours: 40
Hours Permitted Online: All 40
Renewal Period: June 30 of Even Years
Required Courses: At least ten (10) hours are required in the following fields:
(a) Staff management;
(b) Continuity in assigning the same nursing staff to the same residents as often as practicable;
(c) Creating a resident-centered environment;
(d) Activities of daily living and instrumental activities of daily living;
(e) Wound care;
(f) Pain management;
(g) Prevention and treatment of depression;
(h) Prevention of pressure ulcers;
(i) Urinary incontinence management;
(j) Discharge planning and community transitioning;
(k) Fall prevention;
(l) Geriatric social services and individual competency; or
(m) Behavior management.
The DC NHA Bundle includes the following courses (CEU hours bracketed):
- The Science of Aging (6.5 Credits)
- Mental Illness in the Elderly (4.25 Credits)
- Residents’ Rights in LTC (2.25 Required Course Credits)
- Medical Ethics in LTC (4.5 Credits)
- Modern Trends in LTC (2.25 Credits)
- Falls in the Elderly (4 Required Course Credits)
- Ethics, Are They Important and Why? (3 Credits)
- Basics in Healthcare and Medical Ethics (1.75 Credits)
- A Guide to Maintenance (3.5 Credits)
- Infection Control & Standard Precautions (4.5 Required Course Credits)
- Biological & Chemical Warfare (3.5 Credits)
TOTAL: 40 Credits of NAB Approved CEUs and 10.75 Required Course Credits
If you need just a few courses, please visit our Course Catalog page–all our courses are approved as DC NHA CEUs!
You can always contact us if you have any questions (click here for the Contact page). Additionally, you can get more information regarding your CEU and license renewal requirements in DC by contacting:
DC Department of Health
899 North Capitol Street, NE, Washington, DC 20002
Phone: (202) 442-5955
Fax: (202) 442-4795
Email: [email protected]